Development of Service Sector
• Several services such as hospitals, educational institutions, post and telegraph services, police stations, courts, etc. are the basic services, which are necessary for development. Government often provide these services.
• The development of agriculture and industry leads to the development of services such as transport, trade, storage and the like.
• As income levels rise, certain sections of people start demanding many more services like eating out, tourism, shopping, private hospitals, private schools, professional training etc.
• Information technology have grown tremendously and becoming a way of life.
Inequality of Wages in Service Sector
• Service sector in India employs many different kinds of people.
• A limited number of services employ highly skilled and educated workers.
• Most people engaged in services such as small shopkeepers are poorly paid.